Saturday, December 5, 2009

ARTIST - VRUSHAKET SALASKAR


VRUSHAKET SALASKAR
Artist of the month – December 2009

“My works and my process of work are like synonyms, it is hard to tell which precedes the other. I think my paintings are not a result of a creative process but snap shots of continues creative process at different intervals of time. I have an immense interest in the study of religion and philosophy, the strange but evident applications and relations of both with the fast and chaotic socio-modern scenario which one finds today are quite interesting and can be seen in my paintings from time to time.

The juxtaposing photographic images and philosophical statements in superficially irrelevant backgrounds create a mysteries environment which sparks a conflict in the minds of the viewer. My paintings often are on subjects like complex problems raised due to the socio-political advancements, the dilemmas faced my humans while sticking a balance between the inner and outer world, the exploration of the vast landscape which lies inside every human head. The thinking process is a continues process and has no amount of deliberation, a thought is born at the subconscious level of mind and the intensity of it attracts the mind and the process begins, then the thought is built into an idea , then it gets conceptualized and then the process of visualization and composition follows, then it is brought on to a canvas, I try to put the dilemma as experienced by me and not as a statement.”

Vrushaket Salaskar has done acclaimed shows throughtout india and also international shows to his credit in Singapore and Japan. The Artist works and lives in Pune, India.

The works can be viewed at www.visionsarts.com

Enjoy Viewing

Visions Art
B9 Radhe Vallabh Soc,
Modi Chambers
Opera House
Mumbai 400 004
Tel - +91 22 23890244 / 23811190
Email - info@visionsarts.com
Web - www.visionsarts.com

No comments: